Home Lighting Made Easy
Back to Basics - 4 Types of Lightings for your Home
Sometime choosing lamps for our home seems to be a hassle. However, with this simple guide you can find simple steps to guide you through choosing types of lamps for your home.
Type 1 - General Lights
General Lightings are lightings which is used to illuminate spaces with its wide beam angles. Its wide beam would give a blanket and uniform light. This is generally used in spaces which requires bright ambient atmosphere in an high activity environment.
- High activity spaces like living room and kitchen
- General spaces which required productivity and details
Type 2 - Accent Lightings
Accent Lightings are used to bring focus on specific features such as walls, pictures or even to create a contrasting atmosphere. Accent lightings are normally focused with a slightly narrow beam angles to accentuate a particular item.
- Used to illuminate feature walls, paintings and focus items
- To create a contrasting effect within the environment
Type 3 - Task Lightings
Task Lightings are lightings used for a specific purpose. Generally, tasks lightings are normally bright in nature and allows the person to focus and perform the necessary tasks with ease.
- Activities which required focus lamps. Ex. Desk Lamp or Bedside Lamp
- Create a sufficient brightness for a specific activity
Type 4 - Mood Lightings
Mood Lightings are lightings which are used to create a sense of cozy ambient atmosphere. Generally, these lamps are warm in colour or have specific colours to relax the mind. Lamps of these kind normally produces indirect lights which has a visually calm effect.
- Soft and low ambient brightness in low activity locations such as bedrooms and patios
- Areas to create a soothing atmosphere
Summary - Action!
- Think of Location at Home.
- Think of Atmosphere and Activity
- Choose type of Lamps
Brought to you by www.luminancexpress.com